Jan Kołodyński, PhD
2018-: Junior Group Leader, Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies (QOT), Warsaw, Poland.
2014-2018: Postdoctoral Researcher, Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Barcelona, Spain.
2010-2014: Research Assistant, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Poland.
2010-2014: PhD in Physics (thesis), Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Poland.
2008-2009: MA Theor. Physics (CASM – Part III Maths), DAMTP, Cambridge, UK.
2007-2008: Part II General in Computer Science, Comp. Labs, Cambridge, UK.
2004-2007: BA in Natural Sciences (Physics), St John’s College, University of Cambridge, UK.
Selected prizes and scholarships:
2018-2020: HOMING programme laureate, Foundation for Polish Science, Poland.
2015-2017: Maria Skłodowska-Curie European Fellowship, ICFO, Spain.
2014-2015: START Scholarship, Foundation for Polish Science, Poland.
2004-2008: Cambridge European Trust Scholarship, Cambridge, UK.
- R. Jimenez-Martinez, J. Kolodynski, C. Troullinou, V. Lucivero, J. Kong, M. W. Mitchell, “Signal tracking beyond the time resolution of an atomic sensor by Kalman filtering”, Physical Review Letters 120, 040503 (2018).
- J. Kolodynski, J. B. Brask, M. Perarnau-Llobet, B. Bylicka, “Adding dynamical generators in quantum master equations”, Physical Review A 97, 062124 (2018).
- P. Sekatski, M. Skotiniotis, J. Kolodynski, W. Dür, “Quantum metrology with full and fast quantum control”, Quantum 1, 27 (2017).
- M. Oszmaniec, R. Augusiak, C. Gogolin, J. Kolodynski, A. Acin, M. Lewenstein, “Random bosonic states for robust quantum metrology”, Physical Review X 6, 041044 (2016).
- A. Smirne, J. Kolodynski, S. F. Huelga, R. Demkowicz-Dobrzanski, “Ultimate Precision Limits for Noisy Frequency Estimation”, Physical Review Letters 116, 120801 (2016).
- J.B. Brask, R. Chaves, J. Kolodynski, “Improved quantum magnetometry beyond the standard quantum limit”, Physical Review X 5, 031010 (2015).
- R. Demkowicz-Dobrzanski, J. Kolodynski, M. Guta, “The elusive Heisenberg limit in quantum enhanced metrology”, Nature Communications 3, 1063 (2012).
Selected invited talks:
- 2018.05 – “Observability and estimation in quantum dynamics” workshop, IHP, Paris, France.
Titled: “Bayesian filtering for quantum-enhanced atomic sensors” (video).
- 2017.09 – Quantum Optics IX conference, Gdansk, Poland.
2017.04 – SPIE: Optics+Optoelectronics conference, Prague, Czech Republic.
Both titled: “Device-independent quantum key distribution with single-photon sources”.
- 2017.02 636. WE-Heraeus Seminar “Quantum-Limited Metrology and Sensing”, Bad Honnef, Germany. Titled: “Random bosonic states for robust quantum metrology”.